Tuesday 30 March 2010

Blog of the Week

This blog was designed to be a part of my life through which I dwell on what inspires me. I continue to work towards figuring out my creative path, with a little practice, a little prayer, and a little patience.

As the Easter break approaches, I find my attentions shifting once more, and now that my house is my own again (a very welcome visitor having moved on) I am in the business of reclaiming and refocussing. My friend at Hearthwitch Cottage has some wonderful words of Pagan wisdom about this season, and perhaps unsurprisingly, this chimes with my holistic Christian approach. The feeling of rebirth can be unnerving and yet totally wonderful, and it is to that end that I am writing plans and lists and building my expectant hopes for the summer months to come.

In an effort to focus on the inspiration that I find in the world of blogging, I am going to begin writing each week about my favourites. The blogs that I will focus on will be the ones which are a constant source of thought and inspiration - sometimes designers, sometimes artists, sometimes just wonderfully inspiring people in general.
Image from www.jubella.com
About two years ago, sitting in my then office, feeling slightly blue about the state of the world, I was carrying out one of the more creative and interesting tasks of my otherwise rather dull day. I had to find an image of a baby for a document that I was putting together, and one link lead to another and... well, you know. I found myself suddenly immersed in the world of the blog.

I instantly fell in love with where I was - the endless photographs, projects, creative endeavours and wonderfully inspiring designs and designers. To top it all, was the world of Anna Maria Horner. Anna Maria's blog is a constant source of sunny inspiration in which she muses on her current projects, inspiration and studio life. She is a hugely successful textile designer and mother of SIX, despite looking about 25. I urge you to look and see how sunny it always is in Nashville, and how relaxed you can look with all that creativity and chaos going on. And if that isn't enough - you have to see her book, Seams to Me - which explains beautifully and clearly 24 sewing projects ranging from quilts to handbags to children's clothes. Lovely.

No comments: