Monday 12 April 2010

Blog of the Week: Katy Elliott

Katy Elliott's blog is another favourite of mine. Her posts focus mostly on the renovation of her home in Marblehead, MA, and the inspiration that she is drawing on in the process. This dream-like project as far as I am concerned, and the way in which Katy is approaching it, with a resourceful and creative eye, is to be greatly admired.



Katy's posts focus on particular rooms that she is working on, as well as the sources of ideas that she has gathered through her creative career as an artist and an online editor of interior design magazines. As blogging is increasingly becoming a valuable outlet in my own life, I asked her why she chooses to blog about this enormous project:

 'I love to share information. Majority of the things I've learned in life and work and has been through word of my mouth. I use my blog as means to get the word out about the best craftspeople, products, artists and recipes. The best compliment I can receive is that a reader discovered something through my blog that made their life easier or better. Or hearing an artist sold a whole bunch of work because of my recommendation. Helping other people is the biggest high.'

Keep an eye on Katy's blog. She writes with an honesty and realism that refuses to romanticise the process that she is going through with this beautiful house but still makes it clear what a joy the project truely is.

No comments: